Extra Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

The Hep Cat [part five]: Excellent backgrounds again, and the closing!

It looks like we'll wrap this up here right quick! The end of the cartoon comes in this post.
Some of this vibrating drybrush is pretty great. I open these posts a lot with these, don't I? I'll deliberately not start these this way in the future.


I didn't realize how many throw-away backgrounds there are in this cartoon, especially this late into it. Some of them last for a fraction of a fraction of a second, but they're golden! I got a few in here if you want to admire them in your sleep like I do.

More Clampett shadows. He uses these more than the other directors from what I've seen. They're really good at conveying action!


Heaven for your eyes, especially that top painting. Who the hell could paint like this now? I know I'd like to!

This is a different effect, but I really like it! Soft blending of colors for a motion blur looks surprisingly good here!



Oh God.

Is this where body pillows came from? Is this entire farce Clampett's fault?

"I can dream, can't I?" Words of a true fanatic.

If so, then this is a really good anime.

And that's the end of the picture! Not a whole lot to talk about in terms of story structure here since it is mostly slapstick, but it's decent enough! I might revisit some of this stuff later when I get the chance.

I think I'll post some one-off articles on other studios later (I have a good one about Fleischer if you like innovative motion picture technology!). What cartoon should I pick apart next, though?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment